Puga, Gisella, CRNA
Gisella Puga, CRNA
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
I was born in Peru, South America and moved to the United States at the age of 17. My first language is Spanish, and I love to travel the world to learn as much as I can about different cultures. I have always wanted to visit Alaska, and am now excited to call the 49th state home. Since I can remember I wanted to help people. Science and how the body works always fascinated me and fortunately I got the opportunity to pursue my passion professionally. I consider myself a friendly and professional caregiver. I treat every patient with the respect and care that I would like and expect to receive. One of the difficulties of being a CRNA is to give patients and families a sense of trust in a very short amount of time, I believe that I have learned to listen to patients’ needs and therefore provide them the best professional and personal treatment possible.
Interests & Activities
I spend a lot of my free time with family and friends. I also like to be outdoors in nature, as it gives me peace and time to think about what’s important in my life, while relieving stress. One of my biggest satisfactions is to do mission work… I have had the opportunity to go on several of these trips and hope to continue to do much more in the future.
University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee 2007-2009
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (C.R.N.A.)
Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, Indiana 2003-2005 B.S.N.
- National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists Current
- Licensed Registered Nurse, State of Indiana and State of Tennessee Current
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification, American Heart Association Current
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification, American Heart Association Current
- Basic Life Support Certification, American Heart Association
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists