With the number of hospitalizations and new infections declining, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is easing a few of the COVID-related restrictions that were put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID. FMH is using a phased approach to modify COVID restrictions.
COVID RESTRICTIONS EASED: With the number of hospitalizations and new infections declining, we are easing a few of the COVID-related restrictions that were put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID. Although COVID continues to have an impact, the risk of spread can currently be managed with less restrictive measures. We are using a phased approach to modify COVID restrictions. Existing restrictions will be reviewed and assessed regularly. Eased restrictions include:
- VISITATION: FMH is moving to yellow visitation status from its current red status beginning Friday, March 11. The most significant change is that patients who are not COVID-positive can have two visitors at a time and those visitors can rotate or trade out with other visitors. Patients who are COVID-positive can have one visitor. Learn more about the specifics of each visitation level here.
- PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR: Beginning Friday, March 11, protective eyewear, as part of PPE, no longer has to be worn when providing care for all patients. Protective eye wear must be worn during all aerosolizing procedures, regardless of COVID status and when providing care for a COVID-positive patient or someone suspected of COVID. (Denali Center, as a long-term care facility, must follow CMS mandates which includes the continuation of wearing protective eyewear with all residents.)
- FMH HIM OFFICE: Open to the public for in-person medical record transactions, beginning Monday, March 14.
- FMH BUSINESS OFFICE: Beginning Monday, March 14, the office is open to the public for in-person transactions
- FMH CHAPEL: The chapel will return to open worship beginning Friday, March 11.
- MEETINGS & EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS: In-person meetings and educational sessions are approved. (Please limit food and beverage.) Universal masking is still in effect.
- FMH GIFT SHOP: The gift shop will return to normal hours* beginning Friday, March 11. (*The gift shop is staffed by volunteers, so dates and hours will vary.)