Medical Records

Health Information (Medical Records)

We are a hybrid facility, meaning we have records in both paper and electronic format. Patients seen prior to 2004, and who are currently being seen, will have a hybrid record. Patients established after 2004, will have an electronic record only. Processing times may differ depending on your personal record history. 

We process our requests on the basis of which we receive them, but we strive to accommodate our patients to the best of our abilities. Though we work closely with Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, we are separate entities and medical records will need to be requested from both facilities, if applicable.

Have a question? Please review our FAQs:

Q: What is the turnaround time for records requests?
A: All requests are prioritized with patient care as top priority status. Requests will be completed based on priority status and receipt date. Generally all requests will be completed within 30 days of receipt.

Q: How do I find out if my child’s shot records are up to date?
A: To confirm your child’s shots are up to date over the phone, please contact the Pediatrics Department at 907-459-3520. For a copy of your child’s shot records, please fill out and return our release form and we will process this request as soon as possible.

Q: Can you send records directly to my new provider?
A: Yes, we can. Either fill out and return our release form or give us a call at 907-458-2647 and we will process the request as soon as possible.

Q: I need to request records from my previous provider to be sent to TVC. How do I do this?
A: You can either contact your previous clinic to send us the records, or you can fill out and return one of our release forms and we will send it, requesting the records on your behalf.

Q: Can you e-mail my records to me?
A: Yes, we can. Just fill out and return our release form with your e-mail and we will process this request as soon as possible. Photo ID is required prior to release of records through email. Please note that any requests larger than 3 visit notes cannot be sent via e-mail due to the file size.

Q: Can you fax records to me?
A: No, we can only fax records to secure fax lines such as another clinic. However, we can e-mail, mail or have your records ready for pick up.

Q: Where is Medical Records located in TVC?
A: We have a pick-up window on the first floor of the main building, the last window on the left side of the large reception desk. We can take your request, answer questions, and have you pick up your processed records from there.

What do you need?

Do you need to request your medical records? Please print our Tanana Valley Clinic Release of Information form to begin the process. You can also request to have a family member or friend manage your medical record with the Disclosure form. We also offer Living Wills, Power of Attorney, and Temporary Guardianship forms for your convenience.

Contact Us:

1001 Noble Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701

P: (907) 458-2647
F: (907) 459-3566
Email Us

Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Viewed 10,747 times