Fairbanks Memorial Hospital opened its doors in 1972 thanks to the voluntary efforts and monetary contributions of the citizens of Fairbanks. A 152-bed hospital, FMH serves patients from throughout the Interior of Alaska and provides care in more than 27 specialties.
As a community hospital, and as the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are extremely committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors. We employ highly skilled nurses and work with more than 120 accomplished physicians, almost 90 percent of whom are board certified or board eligible. Many of our physicians have been educated at some of the most prestigious medical schools in the country—Harvard, Duke, Columbia, Georgetown and Johns Hopkins, to name a few.
In June of 2017 Foundation Health Partners became an official member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Membership promotes a close clinical relationship that is focused on sharing knowledge and expertise so that more patients can stay close to home for care. FMH providers may access a variety of Mayo Clinic resources to enhance their care of patients.
The Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation was born out of the principles that founded our community hospital more than a hundred years ago; the promise to offer quality, innovative, personalized care to our community. This promise, along with community support, allows us to work with physicians and hospitals around the country to provide the best care possible for our patients – a level of care not typically seen in a community our size.
We have provided generations of care in the Fairbanks community, and we look forward to continuing to make sure that your family is well taken care of, at all stages of their lives, for many years to come.
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital Recognition
- Nationally accredited by the Joint Commission
- Four star rating by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Star Level Voluntary Protection Program from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer
- Hospital Commitment to Quality Award from Mountain Pacific Quality Health
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award
- Top 100 for patient engagement from Becker's Hospital Review
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers in the United States
- Beacon Award for Excellence, Silver Level for our ICU
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence from the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Center of Excellence from Vermont Oxford Network
- Vista Award for New Construction for Fairbanks Imaging Center
- Vista Award for Infrastructure for Boiler, Laundry, Waste Management