All organs in the human body communicate via chemical messages. These messages are called hormones, and the medical specialty that studies this communication is called Endocrinology.
Endocrinologists believe that all organs in the body are endocrine organs, some are known and others are unknown. Known endocrine organs include pituitary gland, thyroid & parathyroid glands, pancreas, adrenal glands, ovaries and testis.
TVC's Endocrinology department was established in October 2016 with the addition of Dr. Muhammad Ahmed.
We specialize in the management of diabetes, metabolism, and hormone conditions. Our approach is non judgmental, our treatment is individualized, and we believe in putting your health first.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
- Ultrasound guided thyroid nodule fine needle aspiration biopsy
- Bedside ultrasound thyroid evaluation
- Complete on-site evaluation of adrenal insufficiency (adrenal fatigue)
- On-site infusion clinic for endocrine IV medications
- Diabetes Support Group monthly meetings
- Children over age 13 are seen for diabetes and thyroid disorders
- Board Certified Endocrinologist
Diabetes management of:
- Type 1, Type 2 and complex insulin
- Insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring systems (CGM)
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Water and electrolyte disorders
Evaluation and management of:
- Thyroid, adrenal and pituitary tumors and functional disorders
- Post-menopausal hormone replacement
- Low testosterone
- Endocrine hypertension
- All Major Credit Cards Medicare
- Commercial Insurance
- Workers' Compensation