Physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists are experts in teaching patients and their families’ research-proven treatment techniques in order to regain and improve current functional limitations. We offer superior care, professional expertise and exceptional outcomes—customized to you.
Individualized treatment programs may include stretching, strengthening, balance/postural exercises along with the use of modalities and manual therapy.
What to Expect
Upon check in you will be asked to complete an online assessment called FOTO (Focus On Therapeutic Outcomes).
- The assessment will ask you about difficulties you may have with certain activities with respect to the problem for which we are seeing you. By answering these questions, your therapist will be able to gain a better understanding of the difficulties you are experiencing.
- You will undergo a comprehensive clinical evaluation with the therapist that will take about 45 minutes.
- The information from FOTO combined with the results of your therapist’s evaluation, will help us in providing the most efficient and effective care possible.
- At that time a plan of care will be developed, establishing goals to meet your individual needs.
Regularly Scheduled Appointments & Follow Up Visits
Your frequency of visits and length of treatment is based on your specific injury or condition, physician prescription, your insurance plan and the therapists recommended plan of care.
You will be provided with a home exercise program (HEP) that compliments your plan of care. The HEP is a VERY IMPORTANT aspect of the rehabilitation process and will assist you in achieving your goals. The exercises are life-long.
Throughout your treatment you will be asked to complete follow up FOTO assessments which will help us assess your progress toward your goals since starting therapy. Included in the update and discharge assessments are satisfaction questions so you can let us know if we are meeting your needs and expectations.
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital understands the importance of a strong support system. Each patient is assigned a case manager and/or social worker who may assist in identifying financial resources, support groups and community resources to help round out their rehabilitative care.
How can you help your therapist?
- Attend all your scheduled appointments. We have reserved this time especially for you
- Be an active participant rather than a passive recipient.
- Share your accomplishments and concerns with your therapist at each visit.
- Let us know if we are meeting your needs and expectations.
- Ask questions!!