Located in downtown Fairbanks, Tanana Valley Clinic's 1st Care is a walk-in medical center. We are open seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. No appointment is needed.
1st Care is your choice for immediate and after hours care. Staffed by six board-certified family physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and medical assistants, we are devoted to maintaining the high level of patient care you would expect from your own family or internal medicine provider.
At 1st Care, we are able to manage a majority of your immediate care needs, including:
- Upper and lower respiratory illness
- Sore throat and ear pain
- Allergies and asthma
- Skin conditions
- Dehydration and illness such as stomach flu
- Sports Medicine
- Laceration Repair
- Incision and drainage of simple abscesses
- Biopsies of simple skin conditions
- Fracture evaluation and management
- Flu vaccines
- DOT physicals
- Sports exams
- Joint issues/gout
- Sexually transmitted illness evaluation and management
- Gynecologic issues
- Hemorrhoid issues
- Urinary and bowel complaints
- Basic Internal Medicine issues (and we will work to get you back to your primary doctor)
1st Care offers a full complement of lab testing and X-Ray services available during all hours, with access to CT and US services during the weekdays.
1st Care also offers a number of providers who treat musculoskeletal complaints with Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), and can provide convenient after-hours vasectomy consultations with Dr. Dillon and Dr. Day.
You do not need to be an established patient with Tanana Valley Clinic to receive care with us. We will help coordinate with your primary health provider to help get you the care you need, when you need it. We also can help arrange referrals for specialty care or physical therapy, should your medical condition require this.